A buyers’ market is great when you are looking for a new home to purchase but can be disheartening when you are on the other end trying to sell your home. When the market becomes overrun with similar houses, buyers are in a position to offer low and get a great house far under list price. So how do you sell your home fast and for a good price when the market is tilted in favour of the buyer? There are some great tips for getting your home sold fast.
- Don’t overprice. Yes, we all want the top price for our homes but when the market is flooded with homes be realistic. Buyers tend to stay away from homes priced at the top of their value because they are worried the seller won’t be willing to negotiate. Find a price somewhere between your bottom price and the top value of your home. Some experts recommend coming in at least 20% lower than highest value for a quick sale.
- House selling 101. The same top tips are consistent no matter who you speak to. Update your paint, landscape and enhance the exterior or curb appeal of your place, and declutter your space. These basic tips give the appearance of a clean and open space giving you an edge over other home sellers.
- Show it off. Getting buyers to check out your house within the first 2 weeks of listing is vital to selling your home quickly. Advertise on social media and schedule an open house to increase the amount of traffic your home sees. Aggressively listing and showing your home are key to a quick sale. Be flexible and agree to showings anytime it is convenient for the potential buyers. Declining a showing because the house isn’t ready could lose you a buyer.
- Hire a photographer. The key to a great online listing is all in the photographs. Buyers get a feel for a home just by skimming through the photos you have taken. Hiring a photographer skilled in taking home photos will help capture the best images showcasing lighting and space sure to draw in buyers. Great photographs can help you get a fast sale.
- Don’t forget to talk up your location. Online advertising is great but be sure to include information about the area your house is located. Many buyers are looking for a specific vibe in the neighbourhood they will reside. Talk up your area and neighbours to enhance your property.
For information to help you sell in a buyers’ market, get in touch with Doorsteps today.