When selling your home, you want to make sure you’re receiving the most quid possible for your property. But there are several factors that go into getting the fairest price. If you’re looking to get the greatest value from your home sale you’ll want to follow these three simple tips.
1. Make any necessary repairs before you list.
Selling a home ‘as-is’ often results in a lower negotiated price. If you’re looking to get the most pounds from your home, you’ll want to be sure to make any necessary repairs before you even begin listing your property. Though repairs differ from home to home, be sure to carefully inspect the following to make sure they’re in top shape:
• Walls: Paint the walls a neutral, inviting colour and make sure there are no visible chips, cracks or holes.
• Toilet: Make sure there are no leaks in the washbasin, toilet or bath and that all fixtures are in tack.
• Floors: Check the floors for visible scuffs or other noticeable wears.
• Other Fixtures: Repair any broken handles, steps or fixtures and make certain that all blown light bulbs are replaced.
2. Be sure that you’re not relying on an undervaluation.
Whilst an online property valuation
can provide you with an estimate as to how much your home is worth, you’ll want to be certain to get an in-person valuation if possible. Having a proper valuation can make all the difference when pricing your home. If your home includes additions or other pertinent features, your home value will rise, and an in-person valuation will be sure to include such.
3. Acknowledge your property’s shortcomings.
Every property has flaws. Being forthcoming with prospective buyers on your home’s shortcomings will often result in a fairer final sale price. Make certain you’re accurately portraying your property in your listing description. When discussion of the shortcomings arise, be honest and offer possible solutions.
You can make the most pounds from selling your home when you take the proper steps to ensure your property is worth the listing price. If you’d like to learn more about how to make the most from your home, Doorsteps offers some of the best online estate agents
has to offer. To learn more, visit our website.