Before selling your house online, one of the best ways to increase its value is to redecorate the kitchen. Buyers and online property agents in the UK in general value houses with nice-looking, fully-functional kitchens.
Redecorating a kitchen doesn’t have to be expensive.
You don’t need a big budget or to take time off work. You can do it with a few handy items in your spare time. Here are some cheap and trendy kitchen redecoration ideas that potential buyers will like.
1. Give your cabinets a vibrant coat of paint – yellow, orange, or lime can refresh your kitchen and make it instantly more appealing.
2. Remove the cabinet doors to create a fresh open-shelf effect and a lighter sense of space. Experiment with removing only some of the doors to create an interesting contrasting effect.
3. Paint an accent wall two shades darker than the rest of your kitchen. You may choose any of your kitchen walls for this, though often the one facing the kitchen table is a good choice.
4. Add a backsplash or repaint your existing backsplash. Even if you decide to install new tiles, the limited surface of the backsplash will keep costs in check.
5. Transform your sink with a fresh coat of paint. Tired of your sink? You don’t have to replace it. All you need is some good-quality sandpaper and a can of water-resistant spray paint for metal. Don’t hesitate to choose a bold colour!
6. Replace old outlet covers with decorative outlets. Outlet wall plates have become a lot more exciting in recent years than they used to be. Alternatively, you can also repaint them.
7. Decorate your kitchen door with artwork or bright new curtains. You can design these yourself or buy them ready made.
8. Repaint your kitchen table or replace it with a coffee bar.
As you can see, making your kitchen more interesting doesn’t have to be expensive or time-consuming. Selling house online in the UK gets easier when you have an interesting kitchen to show off. So, what are you waiting for? Roll up your sleeves and get to work now!